Meeting Alpenflash 1
When: Thursday, March 5th, 2009 - 18:30 (end approx. 21:00)
Where: Freihaus HS3
JSUG meets Alpenflash
This time we will have the Flash usergroup Alpenflash as a guest which also discusses the Flex technology from time to time. Flex itself is not able (and was never intended to) implement business logic such as a persistence strategy. Therefore you should use some backend written in Java, C# or the-like. Connecting Java with Actionscript via BlazeDS was already presented in an earlier meeting...
With version 3, Actionscript has become a powerful OOP language and had overcome Java's power in some certain areas (e.g.: functions as first class citizens). So it is certainly worth giving it a try...
- Introduction - Christoph Atteneder UGM (Platogo)
- FrameworkQuest - Wolfgang Lenzeder (ubitronix system solutions) - View Recording
- Spring ActionScript Live Video Presentation - Martino Piccinato (Yoolab Team) - View Recording
- Getting used to Flex/ActionScript from a Java developer's perspective - Christoph Pickl (JSUG) - View Recording
- Alpenflash News - Florian Landerl UGM (Platogo)
- Open Flash Talk im Pointers
AS3 vs Java
View the slides online.
Getting used to Flex/ActionScript from a Java developer's perspective by Christoph Pickl.
- https://www.xing.com/net/alpenflash ... Alpenflash's official website (it's actually a XING group site)
- http://www.springsource.org/extensions/se-springactionscript-as ... Spring Actionscript