When: Monday, June 8th, 2009 - 19:00 (end approx. 21:00)
Where: Freihaus HS4
Practical Unit Testing
Peter Kofler has been working since ten years with Java and internet related technologies. He likes code being in order. Obviously he's fanatic about code quality. After several years of harassing his colleges with code quality and daily build issues, the HEROLD.at-Team appointed him official "Code Cop" in 2006. His main areas of interest are code quality tools, development environments and code generation techniques.
- JUnit Basics and common patterns/problems/mistakes
- Advanced Unit Testing with Mocks, Timings, Singletons
- Specialities: Tuning Test Performance, Code Coverage, ...
- JUnit Extensions
The (revised) slides are available at the Code Cop site.
Afterwards we've got students holding 5-min lightning talks about testing technologies:
- DbUnit as a JUnit extension
- Test Swing GUIs with Swing FEST and Abbot
- Test your SWT application with SWTBot
- Jumble and Jester: Java Mutation Testing
- Mock your objects with Mockito and no hangover
- Automating your tests with Maven, hudson, Cobertura, findbugs, pmd and other fun stuff
- Web application testing with JMeter and Selenium
We are still looking for more lightning talks. If you are familiar with some testing technology or testing best practice and would be willing to share your experience please contact us. We'd love to see you there.