When: Monday, March 2nd, 2009 - 19:00 (end approx. 21:00)
Where: Freihaus HS4
Download the introduction slides (pdf, 120KB).
- 1 Project Offers
- 2 Presentations
- 2.1 FOSS projects at the Vienna University of Technology
- 2.2 Accessing Web Sites as Web Services
- 2.3 Hoppla - Small and Home Office Backup and Migration
- 2.4 TIM aka EPROG2 with Ruby on Rails
- 2.5 The Sound of Shopping
- 2.6 Links
If you are interested in any of these offers just drop us a line ([email protected]):
- Job offert as JEE developer in Vienna
- Get in touch with open source projects (Castor, Cocoon; Advanced Software Engineering)
- Extending the ServiceEnabler tool - Accessing Web Sites as Web Services
- Hoppla - Backup and migration tool (ASE, bakk-arbeit, dipl-arbeit, ... whatever)
- OSUM 2.0 - Replacing Sun Microsystem's current social network software
- Robotics with Lego Mindstorm and Java - An art project
FOSS projects at the Vienna University of Technology
Castor - Student projects
By Werner Guttmann.
Cocoon 3 - Student projects
Download the slides (pdf, 73KB).
By Reinhard Pötz and Steven Dolg.
Cocoon Project - StAX and the pipeline
Download the slides (pdf, 251KB).
By Andreas Piber.
JDO Extensions for the XML Code Generator
Download the slides (pdf, 184KB).
By Lukas Lang.
Accessing Web Sites as Web Services
By Andreas Hubmer.
Hoppla - Small and Home Office Backup and Migration
Download the slides (pdf, 289KB).
Hoppla not only has backup capability, but also migrates your files if the format they are stored in is old and will therefore soon be lost. Migration is done automatically by using the installed applications on the computer of the user or downloading migration tools from a dedicated web service.
Hoppla is developed by the IFS Group at the TU - Vienna. It is also embedded in a big european project
TIM aka EPROG2 with Ruby on Rails
Error code: 127
Download the slides (pdf, 2.34MB).
New Webapplication for EPROG VL, written in Ruby on Rails.
- Short introduction to Ruby on Rails. Content depending on audience feedback.
- Working with Rails, what we did, how we did it.
- Lessons learned. When to choose Rails, when not to choose Rails.
By Martin Schürrer.
The Sound of Shopping
Download the slides (pdf, 945KB).
This art project, presented by Christoph Pickl, deals with generating music by given barcodes. The customer should actually be able to listen to an individual piece of music which dependes on the products bought and the current date. The song can afterwards be transformed back -theoretical- to the original barcodes and date.
SoS deals with commerce and consumption criticism. It is not about marketing, because the customer even won't get anything he wants. at the time of generating the music, it is not defined what the output will be like and therefore could not match the customer's musical taste.
- The Idea
- The Architecture
- Generating MIDI with JFugue
- Online Demo
Visit http://www.soundofshopping.com for more details.
- http://www.slideshare.net/ugocei/atomized-cocoon-126441 ... "Atomized Cocoon" Presentation
- http://www.castor.org/jdo-introduction.html ... Castor JDO Extensions